June 03, 2015

Week tour in West Lithuania. 2 day

     24 May.
   
     That day I planned to cycle from Šilutė till Ventė cape and than to the small village Mingė where I should take the ferry to the Curonian Spit at 3 pm. After seen, that first day I cycled slowly, I was a bit worry to not have time to visit everything I wanted, but I woke up early and it seemed that I have enough time :) After rainy Saturday evening, the Sunday morning was completely different - the sun was shining again and it was good to be on the road again :)

There I listened the great frog concert :)

Minija





































































































The monument in Ventė. For people who didn't come back from Curonian Lagoon

       The road was good until Ventė cape, so I was fast and reached my destination faster than I expected. So, I slowly walked around, sat on the bench in front of  lighthouse and enjoyed my holidays - perfect time! :)

The lighthouse of Ventė cape
     Ventė cape is known as a rest place for many birds during their migrations, so there is the station of bird ringing (next photo).
    
     When more people came to visit this place, I left and started cycle to Mingė village. And there I found the worst road of my trip - graveled road last 5 km until the village. But despite that, it was a little celebration on that road - I cycled with my bike already 500 km (in all my trips).


Strange flower for this occasion and thanks to my bike :)
      Finally I reached Mingė village, where I spent about 2 hours just sitting in front of the river, eating my lunch and waiting for the ferry. Mingė is known as the village with water road, because the river divide it in two parts and if you want to visit your neighbor in other side of "the road", you need to take the boat. And also, there is the ferry, which can take you to the Curonian Spit and which I was waiting for. Some photos of Mingė:
 



     This time we were only 3 passengers in the boat, so we had much space :) The ferry stops in other small village Uostadvaris, and we have opportunity to see something more :)
Uostadvaris
Going to the Curonian Lagoon
Ventė cape from other side
     I spent more than one hour in open deck of the ferry (the whole trip from Mingė to Nida in Curonian Spit takes 2 hours) and as it was very windy, I felt frozen, but it was so beautiful around, that I couldn't go inside :) With one mind in my head - first thing what I will do in Nida will be to take the hot shower :) And be sure, I did that! Just later, I went to the town center for the dinner and to enjoy the sunset in the Parnidis dune. It was amazing view and I came back home late :)
      Cycled only 52 km that day.
The port of Nida
Nida

The view from Parnidis dune

The sundial on the top of Parnidis dune

Evening colors of the Curonian Lagoon
Second day cycling distance

No comments:

Post a Comment