June 03, 2015

Week tour in West Lithuania. 3 day

     25 May.

     Monday. Slow waking up. Burning face. Only then I start to think - why I didn't take sun cream with me? Now it's too late - my face is too red and I can hardly touch it. So, first action that day - go to the pharmacy and buy sun cream and some anti-herpes medicine (because I started to feel it:(). As I went to the pharmacy with my helmet, it was funny to see the reaction of the guy who worked there. He looked at me and said: "hmm... as you like an active leisure, you need the good protection from the sun...". So, I bought the good one and went cycling :) It was the time to make my dream come true - cycling along the Curonian Spit. There is easy to do it - you have cycling paths almost everywhere. 
Typical house colors in Curonian Spit
The view from the Vecekrugas dune (the highest in Curonian Spit)
Self portrait :)
Dreaming about old good times...
You cannot be lost, there are signs like on the roads :)
Lunch time on the beach and first walk in the sea. Not warm water :)
The beauty
Cycling path. On the left side - the sea. You can't see it, but you can hear it :)
      But that day not everything was perfect. I had a good lesson - do not always believe locals, when they are talking about distances. One women said to me that I must to visit something near Juodkrantė (where was my next stop for the night), as it's only about 3 km from this village. I cycled near it and thought to come back later without all my stuff or even without bike, but these 3 km had become more than 10 km soon. Well, I still wanted to go there, and after I left my stuff in the room and had the good dinner, I was on the cycling path again to come back to this place. But I cycled not far, because I saw the big cloud who came from the direction I needed to cycle. Ouff.... And I left my protection from the rain in the room. More than 20 km under the rain seemed to be not the best perspective that evening... I started to think, maybe I should stay one more day in this place and visit everything (and because the room where I stayed for that night was very lovely :D). Finally I decided to go walking in Juodkrantė that evening and if the rain comes - go home to rest. And maybe next morning cycle to that place which I missed today, without changing plans and staying more days in Curonian Spit. But I was angry that evening: for the women who lied to me about distance, for me that I didn't check the distance in the map, for the time which "flied" too fast. And than I said for me "Ok, if I am that angry and feel like a witch, why not visit that Hill of Witches, which is in Juodkrantė". And I did it :) Juodkrantė is the quite village (at least not in summer season), so after I walked near the Curonian Lagoon until Hill of Witches and came home, I felt calmer. And lucky me - the rain didn't come to Juodkrantė :) Later that evening I talked with the daughter of my room owner, and she said that the place I wanted to visit is 15 km away from Juodkrantė. And that women from Nida said only 3 km. Quite far to be true! :D

     Cycled distance - 55 km. 

     Some photos of Juodkrantė:
Hill of Witches
Villa in Juodkrantė
Walking and cycling paths in Juodkrantė near Curonian Lagoon
Baltic sea
Third day distance
     


No comments:

Post a Comment