June 15, 2015

Week tour in West Lithuania. 4 day

     26 May.

     For this morning I set the alarm very early, because I still had a little hope to cycle these 30 km (go and back) to the mentioned place. But when I woke up and looked outside I was not so sure what to do - it was almost raining and very cloudy. After I looked to the mirror. Yeah... My face started to peel off and my lips looked awful because of herpes. Unpleasant sunburn consequences and not very joyful morning :( After some doubts, I decided to sleep one more hour, take the good breakfast and do not rush. I felt unhappy, because I didn't visited everything in Curonian Spit and I had the worst feeling when traveling, that not all things are done. And I decided to leave Juodkrantė only when my sister promised to come back there with me in autumn to finish all my tasks :-) So, after good rest I went on the road again. First time in this trip I felt sad to leave the place where I stayed. Only one thing helped me to stay positive - at evening I should come to my cousin home and stay there for the night. It was so nice to know that someone (great company, for sure!) is waiting for me. :-)
     First part of this day trip was go to Smiltynė, where I should take the ferry to Klaipėda. All the time I used cycling path, the weather was very fresh, so I cycled fast (with a hope to go to Smiltynė before the rain starts) until I saw some animals in the forest which I crossed, than I started to look more around me. :) But it started to rain before I reached Smiltynė and I continued cycling like this:
Raining
     I came to Smiltynė earlier than the ferry should go to Klaipėda.  Happily, the rain stopped and I done a little tour to look what is around:
Flowers in the sand
Old house in Smiltynė
Old house in Smiltynė
Old fishing boats

Waiting for the ferry
My companion for early lunch (my apology that I saw him too late to share my food)
Klaipėda in the other side of the Curonian lagoon
     When I waited for the ferry, I wrote to one couchsurfing member from Klaipėda (which I met in Kaunas few weeks before my trip) to ask if he would have a time to take a coffee together and I was happy to receive positive answer. What can be better in cloudy day than good cup of coffee and nice conversation sharing travel stories? :) When I arrived to Klaipėda, we met in the nice square and because the sun sometimes was shining through clouds, we drunk coffee outside. Great time! But soon it was the time to go further for me. I had to take the road in the opposite side of the city, so I made a little ride through Klaipėda and I had to admit once more that I like this city. But there is the only photo that I made in Klaipėda, because I rushed to meet my cousin in Gargždai.
One of the Klaipėda symbol - the barkentine "Meridianas"
     Well, from Klaipėda, there are few ways to go to Gargždai, and I decided to take the one that was marked like picturesque road in my book but longer than others. Finally, it was not so nice than I expected, but it was okay and I sow some signs, that I am on the right way for cycling :)
Great to know that I am on the good way :)

Poppy on the roadside
     I easily cycled the way from Klaipėda to Gargždai and made only one little stop in the village on the road. There I felt like making the show for kids as I sited in front of the lending-library and some little kids passed there with their moms looking at me if I would be an alien :) When I reached Gargždai, my cousin and her friend were waiting already for me and it was so cool to see them! But I had to refuse their kind offer to cycle together around Gargždai, as it was enough for me to cycle that day. After eating tasty refreshing šaltibarščiai, we went to do a tour in Gargždai with car (luxury tour :) ) and also walked in the park near the river. We even found a gym in the open air near Gargždai:

Exercises :)
     When we came back, there was also my cousin's friend's mom at home, so all together we had the lovely dinner: delicious fish with salad, home made tiramisu, champagne and long chats :). Perfect evening! Ah, and do not forget - my cousin made sandwiches for the whole next day for me, so I was well prepared for the next part of my trip. I am really gratefull for everything and you know, you are always welcome at my home (even if I am not sure that I could make such good dinner)! ;)
   
      P.S.  I don't want to make you jealous, so there is no photo of this dinner ;)

     Cycled distance - 62 km.
Fourth day distance
 




No comments:

Post a Comment